I really don’t want to give it any ratings cause this experience was pretty much failed. Got the recipe from 阿蘇 2nd season. She said (from my best memory):
- put some salt into some cold water, mix it until the salt dissolved.
- add some garlic into the cold water as well.
- soak the raw pork into the cold water for like 5 – 10 minutes.
- take out the porky and wrap it dry with a piece of dry cloth. It has to be very dry in order to avoid armageddon when try to fry it.
- boil oil until hot and dancing bubbles are seen.
- put the salty garlicky porky into the oil and fry.
Here comes the interesting part:
- leave the pork in the oil and close the pan.
- lift the pan a little to let the air out.
- when the explosions subsided over time, open it a little and shakes some water droplets into the wok. QUICKLY shut the lid and let the explosions continue.
- repeat the steps above until the porky meat looks nice, like a piece of golden bar.
Guess what? The inside was quite cold.